meanwhile, Saric showed me next to nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sincerely hope he keeps it up

He really should be solid at this level. Taht's what alarmed me about his performance vs. Spain. This is not the NBA.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
      He really should be solid at this level. Taht's what alarmed me about his performance vs. Spain. This is not the NBA.
      True, but he is the age of a college graduate. Nearly all players face an adjustment period when they reach the NBA. I don't think any of us are expecting him to be a superstar. Hopefully the fanbase is patient with him.
      Last edited by 06hawkalum; 08-12-2016, 05:45 PM.

Comment

So, after his underwhelming performance against Spain Saric rebounded nicely in three if his last four games:

Vs Argentina: 19 pts, 10 rebounds, 7 assists

Vs Brazil: 15 pts, 7 rebounds, 3 assists

Vs Lithuania (in a win or go home game): 18 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists

Comment

didn't you expect at least that much?

this is not the NBA. He should be putting up numbers at this level.
          May 7, 2010

Comment

this is not the NBA. He should be putting up numbers at this level.
            Yes, and the Dream Team should be blowing teams away but that isn't happening.

The point is that Saric has been "showing something" on one of the greatest stages in sports.

Comment

I wouldnt call these guys the Dream Team but...

...totally agree there. They have played sloppy and well below their potential. Saric's numbers have been better. I still have only actually seen him once. He made a lousy first impression. Particularly as the 12th overall pick and a guy we've been incessantly hearing about as a supposed major piece of the Sixers' future. I will continue to judge him based on what I actually see.
              May 7, 2010

Comment

Regardless of how he looks, I am super pumped about this coming season. I doubt they will make the playoffs, but they are definitely taking the right steps. Hopefully they get a nice guard in the draft next summer.

Comment

agree there

have not looked forward to a Sixers season in forever, it seems. This year is different. Besides finding out if Saric can play, we will find out this year if Brown can coach.
                  May 7, 2010

Comment

have not looked forward to a Sixers season in forever, it seems. This year is different. Besides finding out if Saric can play, we will find out this year if Brown can coach.
                    I'm fairly certain he can...he's got a very solid pedigree.

There was a story a couple weeks ago that he attended Eagles camp and hung out with Pedey. At the very least, he seems to get the city.

Comment

Working...
                    X