Myke Tavarres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
    That's fine. If you don't see the country as just, you have every right to get the hell out. Either get out of the country or stand the fuck up and actually do something about it. Not standing during the national anthem is so weak.
    Yeah, he has a right to leave. He also clearly has a right to stay, make millions playing a game, and protest peacefully I might add, right here in the US.

The being more outraged than the next guy culture of today is something else.

Comment

He'll be gone either way. He just knows that any chance of signing on with the next team might be more difficult if he displays an attitude (right or wrong).

Comment

People are being oppressed

Kapernick not standing for the pledge surely will help things get better..smh

Comment

To be fair, all of the attention has opened some dialogue on the matter.

Comment

Sit, stand, lay down, whatever it's his right to do what he wants, I guess for me the question is, just how does any one, of any color know that any one else is oppressed, in order for that to happen, wouldn't you have to be that person?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
              Sit, stand, lay down, whatever it's his right to do what he wants, I guess for me the question is, just how does any one, of any color know that any one else is oppressed, in order for that to happen, wouldn't you have to be that person?
              Individual scenarios are often difficult to parse, so I would tend to point to statistics as our best way of identifying injustice. If there are statistical anomalies, such as large differences in the number of XX group that are jailed, or average sentences for the same crime being much higher for XX group, then we can probably deduce that something probably isn't right.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                To be fair, all of the attention has opened some dialogue on the matter.
                It always open dialogue. Tommie Harris opened dialogue in 1968. Fast forward to 2016 and it's still opening dialogue, but what have really change since?

Comment

So you're saying that I can't really judge that another person is being unfairly treated?

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                    So you're saying that I can't really judge that another person is being unfairly treated?

What YOU consider unfair to you may not be what another person considers unfair, take the work place for example, you have some people that have no issue with certain jobs, but then you have other people that have issues with that job.

The question is, what is "unfair" is it unfair that one child was raised in poverty and another in affluence, or is that just the luck of the draw? If that is the case than a HUGE percentage of people on this planet have been treated unfairly because they were born in some 3rd world country, instead of here. How do you "fix" that?

Comment

Originally posted by udontknowme View Post
                      Yeah, he has a right to leave. He also clearly has a right to stay, make millions playing a game, and protest peacefully I might add, right here in the US.

The being more outraged than the next guy culture of today is something else.
                      I have no problem with him protesting. Do and say what you want, but at the end of the day if you can't realize that the only reason you are able to do what you love and make millions of dollars is because of that flag. Show respect. Simple as that. Protest all you want, just not during the time where you show respect to your country for all that it provides you and the opportunities it allows you to have as an individual. That move is weak as fuck and if you can't admit that we will just have to agree to disagree.

Comment

I have no problem with him protesting. Do and say what you want, but at the end of the day if you can't realize that the only reason you are able to do what you love and make millions of dollars is because of that flag. Show respect. Simple as that. Protest all you want, just not during the time where you show respect to your country for all that it provides you and the opportunities it allows you to have as an individual. That move is weak as fuck and if you can't admit that we will just have to agree to disagree.
                        well, the flag has something to do with it, but I'm sure hard work, eating right, hours and hours crafting your skill, natural god given ability...well they also help Kaep with his ability to make big $.

You clearly have a problem with him protesting. Part of our freedoms that make the US more unique (we're not the only great place to live) is that we can say the US sucks, and not have to fear for our lives or freedom. Apparently we do have to fear a bunch of people freaking out about our lack of patriotism.

We can agree to disagree. My patriotism allows me to see that others that lack it have that right, and in a lot of instances, can make this country a better place because they express their disappointment with the way some things are.

Comment

Originally posted by udontknowme View Post
                          well, the flag has something to do with it, but I'm sure hard work, eating right, hours and hours crafting your skill, natural god given ability...well they also help Kaep with his ability to make big $.

You clearly have a problem with him protesting. Part of our freedoms that make the US more unique (we're not the only great place to live) is that we can say the US sucks, and not have to fear for our lives or freedom. Apparently we do have to fear a bunch of people freaking out about our lack of patriotism.

We can agree to disagree. My patriotism allows me to see that others that lack it have that right, and in a lot of instances, can make this country a better place because they express their disappointment with the way some things are.
                          The funny thing is, not a single NFL player other than this random guy on the Eagles has stood behind Kaep's protesting platform in public. I am sure there are plenty of athletes that understand and agree with his reasoning (oppression) but the way he's protesting is weak and disrespectful as hell
                          Last edited by phillyeagles36; 08-30-2016, 12:16 PM.

Comment

The funny thing is, not a single NFL player other than this random guy on the Eagles has stood behind Kaep's protesting platform in public. I am sure there are plenty of athletes that understand and agree with his reasoning (oppression) but the way he's protesting is weak and disrespectful as hell
                            Not a bad point at all. The broader the swing you take in a stance on a social issue, the more pushback you get, because people lose focus on what the protest is about.

I would bet that if there public perception was more positive regarding his choice of protest then more might've joined, but it seems like this was not a good move long term for the wallet, and others might've taken note.

Comment

A player has absolutely no public support from his fellow peers for visibly protesting and jeopardizing his career and earning potential due to what he sees are problems within our society and he's considered weak.
                              Last edited by TerpEagle; 08-30-2016, 12:32 PM.
                              --
                              Your Retarded

Comment

Should we still be afraid of Target bathrooms?
                                500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Working...
                                X