Myke Tavarres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give me a fucking break.

The only thing jeopardizing his career is his shit play ... if you've got game, you can obstruct a murder case and not only keep your NFL job, but get hired by ESPN after you're done.
    Last edited by slag; 08-30-2016, 01:23 PM.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      Give me a fucking break.

The only thing jeopardizing his career is his shit play ... if you've got game, you can obstruct a murder case and not only keep your NFL job, but get hired by ESPN after you're done.
      I'm sure this will improve his chances of success in the NFL and merchandising.
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

Right ... despite the uncanny resemblance, he's totally blown any chance to play Squidward in the Broadway production of Spongebob Squarepants.

Comment

I bet there would have been a huge market for Tavarres bobblehead.

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
            A player has absolutely no public support from his fellow peers for visibly protesting and jeopardizing his career and earning potential due to what he sees are problems within our society and he's considered weak.
            Bullshit. Tom Brady, Jason Peters, Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant could all do this and it wouldn't jeopardize their career one bit. Like Slag said, Kaeps shitty play is why he may get cut. At the end of the day, you stand up for what you feel is right. No one thinks this is the right way to do it. It's extremely disrespectful and there's so many other effective ways to protest and support your beliefs compared to protesting by sitting during the national anthem.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
              Bullshit. Tom Brady, Jason Peters, Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant could all do this and it wouldn't jeopardize their career one bit. Like Slag said, Kaeps shitty play is why he may get cut. At the end of the day, you stand up for what you feel is right. No one thinks this is the right way to do it. It's extremely disrespectful and there's so many other effective ways to protest and support your beliefs compared to protesting by sitting during the national anthem.
              Maybe there is, but just stop and think about what people are getting so fired up about.

Standing up during a song. Its a ritual that really has no impact or bearing on anyone's life. Its nice, its quaint, it gets everyone to shut up for a few seconds before a game.

Its a silent protest that took three games to notice.

Comment

So it's even riskier for Kaepernick to do this because he's not as talented and valuable as a player. A real man wouldn't rock the boat when he's got a good thing going I guess.

What's interesting is that you're apparently bothered much more about a guy standing or not standing during a song than you are about the issue he raises.

You seem ambivalent about the issue but, fuck, if this guy doesn't stand up it's a national travesty.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

Yeah ... he's blowing his shot at making 500 bucks at the opening of Joe's Bait Shop.

Comment

So it's even riskier for Kaepernick to do this because he's not as talented and valuable as a player. A real man wouldn't rock the boat when he's got a good thing going I guess.

What's interesting is that you're apparently bothered much more about a guy standing or not standing during a song than you are about the issue he raises.

You seem ambivalent about the issue but, fuck, if this guy doesn't stand up it's a national travesty.
                    National travesty? When did I say that? I just said it's weak to not stand up during the national anthem and to use that as your platform for protesting. Case in point, NO ONE else is doing it even though I am sure other agree with his oppression viewpoint.

Comment

He's using standing/not standing to stand out, so no one should call him to the mat on his method and just focus on whatever unrelated issue he's "bringing awareness" to? I don't like what's happening in this country so the best I can do is make a spectacle of myself during the national anthem. TRAILBLAZER..

Comment

National travesty? When did I say that? I just said it's weak to not stand up during the national anthem and to use that as your platform for protesting. Case in point, NO ONE else is doing it even though I am sure other agree with his oppression viewpoint.
                        actually your exact words were, "extremely disrespectful" and I think the general consensus is that it isnt all that extreme or disrespectful. and also, it seems to have been pretty damn effective as well since there is a large segment of society desperate to find opportunities to drape a flag over their shoulders and feign outrage over the smallest perceived slight to a demented hyper-nationalist pride.

in that light the only extreme action here is the nationalistic blowback generated from a certain section of the population. imo people like that need to get a grip.
                        "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

"Hypernationalistic?" I think that's a little much. He has every right to do what he did. I really don't care one way or the other. However, a vet who had his legs blown off fighting for this country might find it disrespectful (maybe even "extremely disrespectful"). I can empathize with that point of view as well.

I'm looking forward to this story being over so I don't have to listen to the hyperbole from both sides on sports radio all day. I do think he could have chosen a more narrowly tailored means to protest the issue. Several NBA players have done a more effective job bringing light to relevant issues over the last few years IMO.
                          Last edited by McCarthy12; 08-30-2016, 04:30 PM.
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I would think a vet who has been in such an extreme circumstance wouldnt much bother himself with a jackass like Kaepernick. Its all the internet tough guys speaking up on that imaginary vets behalf thats driving this whole thing. and to me it reeks of jingoistic bullshit.

i hope the underlying implication, from that side of the argument, that kaepernick should "know his place and stand when attention is called" isnt lost on you.
                            "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

It strikes me that if one views Donald Trump's approach to Muslim immigration as an overly broad unfair lack of respect toward a large group of people for the actions of a few, they'd have the same issue with Kapernick's lack of respect for the national anthem.

Comment

It's not, although I also wouldn't presume to know how a vet (or anyone who has served this country) might feel, nor would I discount those feelings.
                                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                                X