Best front men in Rock history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best front men in Rock history

Was talking about this with a friend of mine and I had to say Mick Jagger is number one, based upon body of work and longevity. I like Jim Morrison too, but he didn't last too long.

I am also a big Beatles fan, but they didn't really have a front man.

I'm interested to hear other nominations. Jumpin' Jack Flash after this video is pretty good too.

--------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Maybe Robert Plant.
    --------

Comment

Those are good choices

Freddie Mercury, Steven Tyler, and maybe Bono too.
      Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Originally posted by royal View Post
        Freddie Mercury, Steven Tyler, and maybe Bono too.
        All are top ten worthy, IMO.
        --------

Comment

Mick my favorite as I love the stones. Also love Bon Scott. Far and away my top 2.
          Last edited by Ellsworth; 12-31-2016, 07:54 AM.

Comment

A bit more obscure but worthy of mention: Peter Wolf and Paul Rodgers.

Question ... who's the front man for The Who ... Daltrey or Townshend?
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Nice one with Bon Scott, only saw him once but what a showman, sad to leave us that young!
              On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

You're very fortunate to have seen him in person. I wish I had the chance to see him. I was just a kid when he died.

I was probably 8 when my best friend came over and put on the Dirty deeds album for me. Was Instantly hooked. Played side A of that album CONSTANTLY that summer. My mom freaked out when she heard big balls for the first time and that pretty much ended that album being played at our house.

Comment

Yeah it was 1978 at Lehigh County Community College gymnasium, small place but what a rocker. Should have told your mom it's just about ballrooms
                  Last edited by CbEagle; 12-31-2016, 09:36 AM.
                  On Trumps handicap

Comment

Sammy Hager sans van Halen was a good frontman.
                    On Trumps handicap

Comment

I think my vote goes to Freddie. However, let me inject some modern with trent reznor.

Comment

Peter Wolf, good one.

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        A bit more obscure but worthy of mention: Peter Wolf and Paul Rodgers.

Question ... who's the front man for The Who ... Daltrey or Townshend?
                        Married to Faye Dunaway. I'd say Daltrey was the front man.

Nobody's mentioned Hendrix.

And as an aside, worst frontman was probably Sly Stone. He would do entire sets facing the back wall, away from the audience.
                        DB

Comment

David Lee Roth is up there...not the greatest singer but as a front man he was hard to top.

Does James Brown factor in or are we talking just rock n roll?

Jim Morrison is a contender for top spot.

I posted this before reading all the others....Freddie Mercury is probably the right answer.
                          Last edited by Cheesesteak; 12-31-2016, 10:41 AM.
                          YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

If we're not sticking to rock, I imagine JB wins ... Jagger said he was the guy he was trying to be.
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Frank Zappa

Not only was he a consummate showman who could really work an audience, his bands (and I saw several incarcerations of them) were the best rehearsed live shows I have ever seen. I have seen most of the legends of rock perform, except for those who died before 1970, and though the popularity of many mentioned in this thread was far greater than FZ, none could hold a candle to the way he delivered a live show.
                              The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Working...
                              X