Best front men in Rock history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OZZY!!!!!!!!!!

The best hands down, Robert Plant. If you're going to talk about body of career, then he must be considered. The Zeppelin stuff kind goes without saying but his solo career has been incredible. Jagger has had no career outside of the Stones.

That being said, Ozzy has to be on the list. Sabbath and then his solo career.
    Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Agree with this

Originally posted by slag View Post
      If we're not sticking to rock, I imagine JB wins ... Jagger said he was the guy he was trying to be.
      If we are ranging further afield, check out Cab Calloway YouTube of Reefer Man. Everything is derivative.
      DB

Comment

George Michael, Wham!
        WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Ozzy is Great! Plant, Rogers, Dio, Jon Anderson, not sexy but crazy talented

Dultry was always a very good front man, yeah David lee Roth for about 7 years,,then Poop. Ian Gillian had a voice that was unmistakable along with Freddie Mercury, Brad Delp was horrible live till the 80's when he could bring the studio with him, but still good front man, Journy had a guy with the best Pipes in Bussiness in Perry but once again about 7 years....could keep on going
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

Alice Cooper for another

He became the persona of the name of the band and quite literally lost his identity in the character.
            Saw them a few times and what a wild set of shows they were.
            But yeah, Jagger is probably at the top.
            For a local guy, Robert Hazard.
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo
              Jerry Garcia makes it in both the longevity and body of work categories
              Good call, but he was a reluctant front-man, while Mick absolutely lives for the spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                I think my vote goes to Freddie. However, let me inject some modern with trent reznor.
                I LOVE NIN but I don't know if would consider Trent a "front man". Since nobody else mentioned him, Axl should be in the conversation.

Comment

Hahahaha

Comment

Les McKeown

Never liked the stones.
                    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I love the FZ nomination. I'd also like to give due consideration to a couple of others:

David Byrne. Not quite the powerhouse as others, but his impact on the industry has been pretty big.

Peter Gabriel. His Genesis shows were the stuff of legend, and he's maintained a seriously good solo (well, with his name on it) act for a long, long time.

David Bowie. Maybe not a front man in the strictest sense, but clearly a legend who was leagues above the others in terms of musical reach and brilliant showmanship.

Comment

Bwaaa

turrible!
                        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Ray Davies.

Comment

Rob Halford

Comment

STILL AROUND , JON ANDERSON
                              PASSED ON, FREDDIE MERCURY

BLUES- STILL AROUND, BUDDY GUY,
                              PASSED ON, B.B. KING.
                              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Robert WHO???
                                WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Working...
                                X