No announcement yet.

Recap of 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just hearing the words chip and Kelly makes me irate. I hate that mother fucker.

Comment

Tom Brady also has 4 rings. And I think losing 2 (which means getting to 6 super bowls) sorta amplifies the point, even if he did lose.

Not trying to be a Brady Fluffer, but I felt when he reached 4 that the debate was over. 5 will definitely end it.

I don't care that much though - the worst part is the Birds would be happy with Steve Young's ring(s) (ha) let alone Joe's.
      Last edited by JuTMSY4; 01-03-2017, 05:05 PM.

Comment

agree with all of that

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
        Tom Brady also has 4 rings. And I think losing 2 (which means getting to 6 super bowls) sorta amplifies the point, even if he did lose.

Not trying to be a Brady Fluffer, but I felt when he reached 4 that the debate was over. 5 will definitely end it.

I don't care that much though - the worst part is the Birds would be happy with Steve Young's ring(s) (ha) let alone Joe's.
        minor disagreement on the 4/4 vs. 4/6 but not gonna argue it. I think it is fair to say Brady and Montana are 1/2. After that things get a bit murky.
        DB

Comment

Now that that's dispatched with, it's completely unfucking clear what Howie has and hasn't done since he became "vice president" and whatever other title that allegedly is in charge of making the team good.

Mucus Stiff seemed to be on Chip (so I guess, so is Agholor), but Howie gets Fletcher Cox? I guess the victors write history and for now, that's Howie.

At this point, might as well just hope we have the Howie that big-balled up and drafted Wentz and shafted the Viqueens.

Comment

I'm with you Nerd...

Originally posted by nerd View Post
            Confession. I like Gomer as a head coach.
            ....he kept things competitive with a sub average talent group in his first year and serious injuries at key spots.

Every coach has his " duh" moments, even the best ones. The trick is how they respond.

I'm was patient with the Gomer this year, his team did not quit .

Going forward it will be different for me, he now knows the team, he is aware of the holes, the behind the scenes workings, etc etc.

From this day moving forward the performance is all his.
            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I don't think so....

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
              You don't think Howie had a hand in that do you?
              ...I think some middle management had thier dick bent when the writer ( a more outspoken one ) fired back and that "flunkie" flexed thier "power".

They probably were both working off NYE hangovers.
              Last edited by Raptor; 01-03-2017, 06:31 PM.
              "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I'd be happy with Dilfer's ring

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                  It's hard to debate era's. Brady has done it in the free agency time, which is very hard to do with no continuity....BUT...he has also done it in a time where offenses have more leeway, qb's aren't allowed to get touched, basically you can't touch anyone on offense.

Montana did it in a time of super teams that were stacked from top to bottom and did it with clutching, grabbing and able to kill the qb.

BUT...he also had a rock solid team up and down.

It's really tough to debate the question because the era's are so different. Think brady could have thrown that football from the 40's or 50's that looked like a soccer ball? that thing would have had to be deflated like crazy.

He's definitely the best in the last 20 years...but it's really hard to debate era's when you have so many rule changes that have changed the game.

plus...Montana never lost a super bowl either.
                  I think you make some good points here. It's hard to compare.

But in my final judgement, anybody named after the great state of Montana would get my vote.
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
                  X