Clear All

• Wentz: B, C or J?

I’m going with Jagoff
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Two for Jagoff

Comment

Is a head case a chump or jagoff?
      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
        Is a head case a chump or jagoff?
        I think it depends on the cause of being a head case.

I give Wentz the Jagoff designation because to me he does not seem to take to coaching. Also I think he has tried to dictate the style of the offense to fit his preferences to the detriment of his supporting cast.

--------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

A chump is simply a player who from a talent perspective has no business being on an NFL team but does not rise to the level of a bill of goods.

Matt McCoy and Billy McShovelhands were classic C’s. Even Reggie Brown was a C. That’s where I put JJAW. Not a bad dude, just not a football player.

A C often arrives in Philadelphia when Howie and before him the Haberdasher thinking they are smarter than everyone else.
          Last edited by RSE; 12-14-2020, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Can’t call Wentz a C because he is NFL quality. Can’t call him a B because he’s had too much success. He’s a J by default, but he is definitely showing J tendencies.

Comment

I've noticed a lot of people say that Pederson needs to move Wentz outside of the pocket. I just saw this stat:

Pocket passing this season: Wentz: 59.5%, 6.1 YPA, 13 turnovers

Overall, he's 57.4%, 6.0 YPA, with 19 turnovers. This means that Wentz has a lower completion % and YPA from outside the pocket. I would also imagine that since Wentz more often than not stays in the pocket, his turnover rate might also be higher when he's outside of the pocket. I don't think Pederson not rolling Wentz out was holding back this offense.

Comment

But were the outside of the pocket attempts designed or him just running for his life? I honestly don’t remember too many times when he rolled out versus being hunted down by the opposition DL or blitzers.
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                  But were the outside of the pocket attempts designed or him just running for his life? I honestly don’t remember too many times when he rolled out versus being hunted down by the opposition DL or blitzers.
                  Yeah good point, this would include those plays.

I did see this on Twitter after the Browns game - Carson Wentz outside the pocket this season: 5.2 Y/A, 56.1%, 71.8 passer rating. That was from PFF. Maybe they limit that stat to designed rollouts?

Comment

Hurts left the pocket many times last night but few were designed roll outs.

Moose Johnston said it (several times) last night: Wentz usually goes out the back of the pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                      In 2017 there were a lot of plays where he escaped the pocket and made a play with his legs or bought time and completed a pass(not designed). Yesterday I do not recall seeing many designed roll out plays - moreso Hurts doing that on his own, something Wentz has barely done this year and when he has we've seen him hold the ball and get sacked/fumble(Dallas game) and throw INTs instead of throwing it away multiple times.

Seeing a rookie look so much more comfortable in the pocket yesterday just confirms what my eyes have been telling me about Wentz being a deer in headlights back there this year.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                        I've noticed a lot of people say that Pederson needs to move Wentz outside of the pocket. I just saw this stat:

Pocket passing this season: Wentz: 59.5%, 6.1 YPA, 13 turnovers

Overall, he's 57.4%, 6.0 YPA, with 19 turnovers. This means that Wentz has a lower completion % and YPA from outside the pocket. I would also imagine that since Wentz more often than not stays in the pocket, his turnover rate might also be higher when he's outside of the pocket. I don't think Pederson not rolling Wentz out was holding back this offense.
                        As I've mentioned before, Wentz had the highest QBR in the NFL last year when he rolled out of the pocket. I'd say that pretty good. I've already posted the presser where Wentz stated he wanted to roll out more and the coach admitted he needed to do a better job. I'm not sure why people can't figure out what the real problems are. Oh well.

Comment

He's got the skills but difficult to coach. I guess that's closest to jagoff.
                          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                            Hurts left the pocket many times last night but few were designed roll outs.

Moose Johnston said it (several times) last night: Wentz usually goes out the back of the pocket.
                            This too.

I've said repeatedly that I think Wentz is a good QB. Because of that, I don't see the point in continually making excuses for him. Especially when the excuse is Pederson's play calling. I know it's too early to get crazy, but Hurts could be the 2nd non-Wentz QB in 3 years to look good with Pederson calling the plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                              Wentz stated he wanted to roll out more and the coach admitted he needed to do a better job.
                              Carson says a lot of stuff that his play on the field hasn't reflected. Doug will always say he needs to do better job. That's standard coachspeak.

This conspiracy theory that Pederson is undermining Wentz with his game planning and playcalling isn't credible. Anybody can see Carson has become too frenetic to execute playscproperly. Hurts never looked panicked yesterday. Wentz constantly has this season.
                              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                              X