They're trading Wentz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're trading Wentz

Lurie is saying we're in a "transition period" and Howie will lead us as we get younger blah blah ... they're letting Pederson go because they want to enter a building phase and he says the idea is to get more draft picks.

Well ... who's gonna get them that?
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

good!

Comment

Good for Wentz ... this team is fucked ... Roseman must have pictures of Lurie with a goat.

Comment

I'd be very surprised if the plan wasn't to keep Wentz.

The next coach won't care about Hurts. If they trade Wentz, that means QB is in play at #6. If this team fires Pederson and keeps Howie only to draft Trey Lance at #6 and trade Wentz for a later pick, I will lose my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          I'd be very surprised if the plan wasn't to keep Wentz.

The next coach won't care about Hurts. If they trade Wentz, that means QB is in play at #6. If this team fires Pederson and keeps Howie only to draft Trey Lance at #6 and trade Wentz for a later pick, I will lose my mind.
          Yeah I'm hearing it differently than slag. I think they're keeping Wentz.
          DB

Comment

Lurie just said they're rebuliding ... they need to get younger ... they need to stockpile picks ... he said it ... that sound like a Wentz situation to you?

Comment

Agree he said that and agree that's logical. And you can add that he said "it's not my job" to decide whether Carson stays. But then all that talk about how good he's been historically etc...
              DB

Comment

Its a real "transition period" ... he's saying they let Pederson go because they are not going to stick him in a losing situation while they re-tool.

He's teeing it up to say the same motherfucking thing when they trade Wentz.

Comment

You might be right. I wouldn't weep salt tears if Carson left, but kind of heard his speech about how good Carson has been as a backhanded vote of confidence.
                  DB

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    Lurie just said they're rebuliding ... they need to get younger ... they need to stockpile picks ... he said it ... that sound like a Wentz situation to you?
                    Maybe he means letting free agents walk, not making signings that will cancel comp picks, and not trading mid-round picks for guys like Jernigan, Ajayi, Tate, and Avery?

Lurie loves Roseman. Roseman drafted Wentz. Wentz may or may not have wanted out if Pederson stayed. I'd be very surprised if they traded Wentz after all of that.

Comment

Howie Roseman is running this ... you crying yet?

Comment

Re-tooling not rebuilding, big difference. I think they both are back and it's Wentz's job until he plays like he did this year. But by no means is Jalen the future either, 1-3 record, he played his ass off against the Saints and shocked them, then teams got film on him and by the time Doug benched him for Nate he was 7 of 20 for 74 yards 1 INT and 2 Sacks.

Comment

Howie Roseman is running this ... you crying yet?
                          No? But I hate Howie and wish he'd been fired?

Comment

No way Wentz is gone now that Pederson is out unless in includes moving up to draft Lawrence or of thry think Fields is the real deal. If not, this firing was all to placate the franchise QB and move forward with him at the helm.

You can get some decent picks for Hurts since he played decent maybe even your 2nd back as he is a better prospect than many QBs other than the top 2 coming out this year for QB needy teams.

Comment

No way - firing Pedey was Wentz winning the "He goes or I go" battle.

Comment

Working...
                              X