No announcement yet.

They're trading Wentz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So we got rid of Foles because he was bad for Wentz mind set, we got rid of Malcolm Jenkins because it wasn’t a Wentz team with him still here, now we get rid of Pedy because Wentz can’t get along with him. What has Wentz actually done to have this much power other than Howie drafting him. Laurie is a fool

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
      No way - firing Pedey was Wentz winning the "He goes or I go" battle.
      That's how I read that

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

That's how I read that
        Agree as well. This tells me that they have faith Wentz to right the ship with a new HC. Still have no idea what it means for Hurts if this is the case or why Howie drafted in him in the first place? This is a shit show.
        Last edited by broadstreetparade; 01-11-2021, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Confidential to all those who think Wentz has the juice to get Gomer gone ... then, Hurts is next right?

I mean, Wentz is running the team now, so ...

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            Confidential to all those who think Wentz has the juice to get Gomer gone ... then, Hurts is next right?

I mean, Wentz is running the team now, so ...
            Would make sense except that the only one with more juice than Wentz is Roseman and that would be admitting he made a mistake.

Coach Killer got his man.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

Would make sense except that the only one with more juice than Wentz is Roseman and that would be admitting he made a mistake.
              Duh ... coach killer didn't get his man ... Hurts isn't going anywhere ... Wentz is:

Here's another theory to back my conclusion (a bit more grassy knoll than what Lurie said about rebuilding being an indication of a Wentz trade):

a. Pederson wanted Taylor as OC

b. Taylor is supposedly Wentz's boy

c. Rappaport reported that Pederson was sick of being told what to do

d. So, maybe Pederson actually didn't want to bench Wentz and was ordered to do it ... and, thus, Pederson didn't get fired because Wentz wanted it, he got fired because Wentz didn't want it

e. Wentz is getting traded

EDITED TO ADD: f. QB killer (as in Howlo) gets his man
              Last edited by slag; 01-12-2021, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Duh ... coach killer didn't get his man ... Hurts isn't going anywhere ... Wentz is:

Here's another theory to back my conclusion (a bit more grassy knoll than what Lurie said about rebuilding being an indication of a Wentz trade):

a. Pederson wanted Taylor as OC

b. Taylor is supposedly Wentz's boy

c. Rappaport reported that Pederson was sick of being told what to do

d. So, maybe Pederson actually didn't want to bench Wentz and was ordered to do it ... and, thus, Pederson didn't get fired because Wentz wanted it, he got fired because Wentz didn't want it

e. Wentz is getting traded
                Could be. I guess we will know the true story eventually.

I still think the beef was between Wentz and Doug. Wentz probably doesn't see Hurts as a threat as long as Doug is out of the picture.

Comment

Could be. I guess we will know the true story eventually.

I still think the beef was between Wentz and Doug. Wentz probably doesn't see Hurts as a threat as long as Doug is out of the picture.
                  I still say you have it backwards ... and I didn't even think of this, until now ... Pederson's head-scratcher of replacing Hurts with Sudfeld was him saying what I'm saying.

Lurie was going on and on today about innovation on offense etc. ... assuming that's coming from Howlo (and you know it is) that sound like Wentz or Hurts?

Comment

I still say you have it backwards ... and I didn't even think of this, until now ... Pederson's head-scratcher of replacing Hurts with Sudfeld was him saying what I'm saying.

Lurie was going on and on today about innovation on offense etc. ... assuming that's coming from Howlo (and you know it is) that sound like Wentz or Hurts?
                    I'm going by the initial reports of Wentz saying the relationship between him and Pederson was fractured. To me, at the end of the year Doug was safe until Carson said NO WAY. All of a sudden Jeff doesn't like the direction of the team. Much easier to replace a coach than a qb.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me. Too bad Howie is so bad at personnel.
                      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Time will tell who is right but if Wentz stays, we have an Andy Dalton situation on our hands. There will be 3 more head coaches fired before it’s over.

Comment

Not only was Pederson carried by a top 5 defense in 2017, run by a DC he had no involvement in hiring, but Reich has taken the Colts from the 25th offense to the 10th ranked offense per DVOA. They lost Luck and were a top-10 offense again within a year.

Meanwhile, Doug's offense has gotten progressively worse, regardless of QB. I just can't believe Roseman is surviving this disaster of a roster/season. His only draft success at CB has been Nickel Backs (pretty much Boykin who had to retire to, surprise, a degenerative injury that the Eagles misdiagnosed). Slay is good, but only necessary because of their absolute inability to evaluate college CBs. They apparently don't even consider LB a real position. The one spot they have somewhat of a track-record is along the lines and even there, they've been plagued with rookie injuries going back to Graham.

They just can't fucking draft and it's wild that they have invested this much in to the WR position and have come away with absolutely nothing. How the fuck is Lurie not cleaning house?
                          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Ruben Franks reads my shit

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...t-carson-wentz

Comment

I'll still be surprised unless Roseman is scrapped as well.

He mentions going QB at 6. That would amount to Lurie admitting that 1st and 2nd round picks were wasted on the wrong QB's, but then letting the GM who made those picks use another 1st rounder on another QB. That would be the definition of inept.
                              Last edited by McCarthy12; 01-12-2021, 11:48 AM.

Comment

I'll still be surprised unless Roseman is scrapped as well.

He mentions going QB at 6. That would amount to Lurie admitting that 1st and 2nd round picks were wasted on the wrong QB's, but then letting the GM who made those picks use another 1st rounder on another QB. That would be the definition of inept.
                                Come on ... the window dressing bullshit about picking a QB is mental masterbation ... the point is the rebuild ... you don't rebuild with Wentz ... and now there are reports that Roseman has already contacted Lincoln Riley ... that sound like someone who has Wentz in mind?

EDITED TO ADD: And if the reports are true, how do you think Wentz likes that shit?
                                Last edited by slag; 01-12-2021, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X