Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

What reason is that?
    Maybe he's not HC material? Or maybe I should have just noted that he's never gotten interest anywhere else. I don't pretend to know about the hiring process, but the fact that Duce hasn't gotten a head coaching job isn't a head scratcher or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Maybe he's not HC material? Or maybe I should have just noted that he's never gotten interest anywhere else. I don't pretend to know about the hiring process, but the fact that Duce hasn't gotten a head coaching job isn't a head scratcher or anything.
      Duce was made Assistant Head Coach. That would seem to indicate the Eagle believed he had some sort of Head Coach potential.

Was Siri ever interviewed by any team for HC? Feels like a Frank Reich fixation.

Better than McDaniels!
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by bk View Post
        Interesting. Odd it first showed up today and not during the OC hiring process.

Comment

Duce was made Assistant Head Coach. That would seem to indicate the Eagle believed he had some sort of Head Coach potential.

Was Siri ever interviewed by any team for HC? Feels like a Frank Reich fixation.

Better than McDaniels!
          Right, but all I'm saying is that Duce not getting the job doesn't come off as what the title of the thread suggests.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Right, but all I'm saying is that Duce not getting the job doesn't come off as what the title of the thread suggests.
            Supposedly Duce was offered to interview for the Bears OC position a few years ago but the Eagles blocked it and gave him a raise plus the asst HC title. As for the offered OC position with the Eagles, my guess is Duce knew the prima Donna that Wentz is and it was a bad mix.
            ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

You know something concrete about this guy?

If, before recently, someone said to me Nick Sirianni was Meadow Soprano's boyfriend in that episode from Season Two I'd have gone "Yeah yeah I think I remember him"

And I'll bet dollars to donuts you and most of the other people here would have done the same damn thing.
              That would be Noah Tennanbaum!
              Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

What the fuck has Duce done? Is Sanders getting better? Why should we even consider hiring within on a four-win team? There's a reason teams are passing on him. He doesn't have the experience or the resume. Why the fuck should anyone care what the players think? Most of them won't be here next year and the others have zero room to talk. This isn't a popularity contest. I'm not saying Sirianna is the answer but he's more qualified than Duce. If it's true that he passed up on the offensive coordinator position here because he wasn't able to call his own plays then that's on him. Sometimes you have to take one step backward to go two steps forward. People seem to call the wrong people in this organization 'prima donnas'.

As far as this having anything to do with race, eat a dick.

Comment

Here's an Indy article that most likely will be a bit more insightful than most of the garbage that comes from our local sports media goofs.

Some encouraging statements...

Reich also tasked him with the duty of periodically reminding him not to get away from the running game. It might not seem like it given the Colts yearly run-pass splits, but as an ex-quarterback, Reich’s natural inclinations are to throw the football. Sirianni helped keep the Colts’ attack balanced.

Dealing with players, Reich often referred to Sirianni, a former Division III wide receiver, as expert around receivers. When discussing the development of young pass-catchers such as Michael Pittman, Reich raved about the Sirianni's work with them. Rivers did, too.

"The way he coaches the receivers," Rivers said, "the route techniques and the way he sees that stuff is the way I’ve heard it and done it not only while he was there, but in the time since he had left from LA. That’s been great."

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...rt/6659143002/

Last edited by Snakebitten; 01-21-2021, 10:06 PM.

Comment

That is encouraging. Maybe he can get something out of Reagor.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                      What the fuck has Duce done? Is Sanders getting better? Why should we even consider hiring within on a four-win team? There's a reason teams are passing on him. He doesn't have the experience or the resume. Why the fuck should anyone care what the players think? Most of them won't be here next year and the others have zero room to talk. This isn't a popularity contest. I'm not saying Sirianna is the answer but he's more qualified than Duce. If it's true that he passed up on the offensive coordinator position here because he wasn't able to call his own plays then that's on him. Sometimes you have to take one step backward to go two steps forward. People seem to call the wrong people in this organization 'prima donnas'.

As far as this having anything to do with race, eat a dick.
                      Explain Dan Campbell's six year deal.

Comment

Explain Dan Campbell's six year deal.
                        Are you really asking me to explain why Detroit does the things they do? Seriously. Detroit?

Comment

I don’t think race applied in the Eagles hire but there is a lot of evidence that its a factor in NFL HC hires. It will eventually change. Just like at QB.

Comment

It's hard for me to comprehend that Lurie became racist after he hired Ray Rhodes. It's just another lazy narrative some people take when they can't bring anything else to the table. If Duce was good enough, he would be a head coach.
                            Last edited by Snakebitten; 01-21-2021, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                              It's hard for me to comprehend that Lurie became racist after he hired Ray Rhodes. It's just another lazy narrative some people take when they can't bring anything else to the table. If Duce was good enough, he would be a head coach.
                              I don't think it was race. I think it was their belief that this guy is Frank Reich. Nobody was interviewing Siri.

Duce would have most likely kept the locker room together. They could have hired a playcalling OC. I think that was the best move.

Seventy percent of NFL players are black. And maybe ten percent of head coaches are. You explain it.

Comment

I don't think it was race. I think it was their belief that this guy is Frank Reich. Nobody was interviewing Siri.

Duce would have most likely kept the locker room together. They could have hired a playcalling OC. I think that was the best move.

Seventy percent of NFL players are black. And maybe ten percent of head coaches are. You explain it.
                                First things first, I don't care about this locker room outside of Wentz, Cox, Johnson and Kelce (I'm a big fan of Ertz but he's most likely gone). Really, that's it. In my opinion, the roster has zero say. They had four wins and now have lost any say in a coach. I don't care what any present or past players have to say about Duce. Unlike the draft, I will not criticize a coach that I know nothing about. I will keep my fingers crossed that he's an upgrade. My gut tells me Doug was the NFL version of Charlie Manuel. He's already showed me he can't run an offense without help. I applaud Lurie for recognizing Doug can't run an offense without help and chose to move on. If the rumors are true about him wanting to promote his crew to fill in the defensive and offensive coordinator roles, get him the fuck out of here. I prefer them to roll the dice with someone else. Thanks Doug, time to go.

As far as your question regarding race, 13% of the US population is black. If 10% are coaching in the NFL, so be it. Marvin Lewis spent 16 years as a head coach and won zero playoff games. The one thing I do know, the majority of the teams are not racist and just want to win with the best players or coaches. The problem is too many people want to drag racism in everything. It's overblown. Stop watching the news. It's really not that bad. Surround yourself with normal people and ignore those with other agendas. It's weak that we're still talking about race.
                                Last edited by Snakebitten; 01-22-2021, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X