No announcement yet.

"Tiger Puts Balls in Wrong Place Again"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoulda.... Coulda.... Who knows what would have transpired. Lets stick with the facts and stop the fantasy. The process occurred after and because of a fan calling in. He was able to do this because the player was on camera. All players should be subject to the same scrutiny. But if we let fans scrutinize , the rules are not applied equally. Some would not be scrutinized at all and some would be scrutinized a lot. And Tiger would be scrutinized every minute of his round. It's madness. Tiger screwed up. It was handled poorly. But, they need to stop this call in nonsense if they want the rules applied fairly to all. For all we know Tom Watson put his ball in his pocket and dropped it on the green on the 6th hole.. Who gonna call that one in??

Comment

What are you blathering about.

The issue of tv watchers calling in is another subject and you have a point about it being unfairly applied to those who get the most tv exposure.

But it is CRYSTAL clear that what happened here is because Woods stated what he was thinking.

If nobody had asked him that question and he never indicated why he dropped where he did ... none of this would have happened.

Unless Woods later realized his mistake and called it on himself ... which, frankly, I'm now not sure he would have done.
      Last edited by slag; 04-14-2013, 01:36 PM.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

You prove my point. What Tiger said .....not what he did prompted the call. What he did went unnoticed by the officials and fellow players who are supposed to police each other. We can't re-write history. And the facts are that this whole thing happened because of a person watching TV. You can guess that they would have found the problem anyway but that is not what occurred.

Woods was ignorant of the rule and probably should have been booted. The officials made a mess of what happened after the call. I just think that the real story here is the couch potato doing the officials job and only able to to it to the players on camera.

Comment

What point?
          Last edited by slag; 04-14-2013, 02:03 PM.

Comment

I can't remember. Too far in to Sunday mimosas.

Comment

With All Due Respect, Slagster...

...the day I shut the fuck up because you tell me to is the day George W. Bush admits he was only funnin' when he said he was Conservative, he has always favored gun control and he became president the first time because he really did steal the election.

In other words, buddy, it ain't happening!
              "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

You must like the taste of your foot, then.

Comment

In This Case, Good Sir...

...your opinion means about as much to me as Rush Limbaugh's does to Barack Obama.
                  "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Kelly Green goes to Washington!

Comment

As usual ... you're as sharp as a golf ball.

Comment

I'm so glad Tiger lost on his cheating

Awesome! I hate him. I hate Vick too.

Comment

Thing is if he'd have DQ'd himself (or been DQ'd) he'd have the goodwill from accepting his penalty like a golfer should. Instead he didn't win his major AND all the other tour players know Tiger is at worst a cheater and at best someone who gets to play by rules that don't apply to everyone else.

Jack Nicklaus would have disqualified himself.

Comment

Tiger did what he was supposed to do...

If playing by the rules...he was assessed a 2 stroke penalty which he accepted. Those were the rules.

He does not have to DQ himself...like I heard this morning, if a player is flagged 10 yards for holding...he doesn't go to the ref and say give me 20 yds, instead.

Originally posted by slag View Post
                            Golf has rules.

You abide by them or you don't.

Golf also has the unique feature of requiring the player to enforce the rules on him- or herself.

Here, the Rules committee IMO bent the rule in a similar fashion that a crooked judge would throw a case for a pal.

Woods could have rectified this by calling it on himself.

BTW - By your logic anyone can commit a crime and get away with it for being "human".

Comment

The PGA/USGA made a rule to protect players from the viewing audience. Why go to such extremes? Stop answering phone calls and texts from arm-chair golfers. Its that simple.

Now every wacko has been empowered to make calls to the rules officials.
                              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

The conspiracy theory I've heard is that he pretty much did that by tanking a bit and making sure he didn't win and end up with an asterisk.
                                --
                                Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                                X