Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chip is annoying the hell out of me with this QB indecision crap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps he wants to see each go up against the starting Pats defense before they are all pulled for backups? It's the first preseason game - the starters won't go more than a quarter or so.

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
      Well the topic was about the indecision of the QB.

You even went on to say he should name a starter.

Have you realized that maybe that line of thinking was a bit much and now you just want to focus on the alternating snap part of it?

We actually don't know how he'll split up the playing time. But don't pretend that you're just pissed about how they'll split reps. You made it quite clear you don't like the fact that a starter hasn't been chosen.
      Im not pretending anything. Naming a starter would eliminate the alternating crap. In the Seattle example, Flynn was named the starter but Wilson won the job playing second halfs.

The Bowen article says Vick and Foles will alternate in the first quarter and then Barkley will get the second and third. I dont see how that gives Kelly much more information to go on. Even Les questions the value.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
        Perhaps he wants to see each go up against the starting Pats defense before they are all pulled for backups? It's the first preseason game - the starters won't go more than a quarter or so.
        Kelly also said that a good quarterback can move a team regardless of the personnel.

It doesnt make much sense giving that much time to Barkley if Kelly really values live action and hasn't decided between Foles and Vick.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
          Im not pretending anything. Naming a starter would eliminate the alternating crap. In the Seattle example, Flynn was named the starter but Wilson won the job playing second halfs.

The Bowen article says Vick and Foles will alternate in the first quarter and then Barkley will get the second and third. I dont see how that gives Kelly much more information to go on. Even Les questions the value.
          Are the first pre-season games usually light on the starters anyway? In some cases you'd see a QB play one series total - maybe too.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

Are the first pre-season games usually light on the starters anyway? In some cases you'd see a QB play one series total - maybe too.
            Thats when you have a starting qb.

I would go a quarter Vick, a quarter Foles this week. Then flip it the other way next week. I think you gotta make a decision by game 3.

Comment

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH WHAT HE IS DOING. HE NEEDS TO FIND THE RIGHT GUY THAT'S ON THIS ROSTER THIS YEAR. HE WILL DRAFT THE NEW STARTER NEXT YEAR.
              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

No...it doesn't

Of course it makes sense. Thats how every team in the NFL does it. First teamers practice as a unit. If there's an injury somebody has to step up.
                You said "you gotta let these guys get some continuity". Well how are they supposed to have continuity if one QB always plays with the 1's, and the other NEVER plays with the 1's ?? If they never have a chance to play with the first team offense, once the starter goes down, the backup is going to have to come in and play with guys that he's never played with in a game situation. How does that help with the continuity ??
                The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Thats when you have a starting qb.

I would go a quarter Vick, a quarter Foles this week. Then flip it the other way next week. I think you gotta make a decision by game 3.
                  He may still make a decision by game three. If he doesn't, feel free to bitch about how he should have made a decision by then. At this point you're complaining about possible future non-events.

Kelly may not want them playing a quarter each this week. Typically, starters get most of their playing time later in the pre-season. Kelly probably needs more time looking at lower slated guys because rosters need to get trimmed.
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

He may still make a decision by game three. If he doesn't, feel free to bitch about how he should have made a decision by then. At this point you're complaining about possible future non-events.

Kelly may not want them playing a quarter each this week. Typically, starters get most of their playing time later in the pre-season. Kelly probably needs more time looking at lower slated guys because rosters need to get trimmed.
                    i'm talking qb. vick and/or foles could take snaps with the twos. russell wilson won a job that way.

obviously anything he does, you're going to rubber stamp so no point in continuing this.

Comment

Working...
                    X