Foles named NFC OPOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    Vick and the FF both set the Eagles back years.

You have to know when to cut your losses.

I admit I'm not good at that either.
    P.S. Cutting your losses is what the evaluation of Foles should be all about, IMO.

Do we keep him, or do we cut our losses. Make a decision.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
      P.S. Cutting your losses is what the evaluation of Foles should be all about, IMO.

Do we keep him, or do we cut our losses. Make a decision.
      That's what my point has been. Kelly is going to go with whichever he thinks is going to give him the best chance to win. I'm hoping it's foles just because he's young and has at least shown he isn't Brandon weeden. That guy sucks ass and got a full season.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by da guy in france View Post
        You don't think Vick could win it all as a starter on the right team ? To me his main problem is he's a little short. Another 4 inches would do wonders. I know Brees yada but might be the coaching too.

Yeah the dog thing sux but what Ray Lewis did not to mention Donte Stallworth wasn't too good either but. I think Vick is sincerely a changed person and paid his dues as our legal system and the NFL required.
        Agree with this post - one thing to add - maybe not even the height thing would mattered if Vick had been better coached early in his career, or perhaps paid more attention. The guy just can not lead a receiver, by that I mean throw to where hes going to be. He has a laser arm and great physical tools that were wasted. Because he can't lead a receiver he trys to find places to rifle it in.

What Chip didn't see in the preseson was Nick going deep. He saw that last week. I believe another week like last week and that will solidify his position as the starting qb of this team
        Last edited by iowaigglefan; 10-16-2013, 11:51 PM.

Comment

How grateful were you to Akers for missing those two FG's

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
          Yeah.. no. I'm just grateful he was once good enough to get to an NFC championship game.

Eternally grateful.
          in the 2010 Wild Card game that we ultimately lost by 5 points to the Pack. Yeah, I know Vick got picked at the end of the game but the defender should have been called for PI if you remember correctly (blatantly pushing off Cooper 15 yards down field). GB won the whole thing that year and Vick way outplayed Rogers that game. So say Akers makes the 2 ROUTINE FG's and/or the refs call the push off... Just sayin'. What if we JUST had an average defense and special teams this year ?

Vick's abundance of turnovers and blocked passes, there is definitely a direct correlation with how bad the O Line plays. I think the guy has 3 good years left unless he suffers serious injury. I base this on his athleticism and current production.

Comment

Push off my ass ... Vick should have thrown that ball high, where no one could get it but Cooper.

Stupid fucking throw in a big spot.

He throws high, 3 good things can happen with no chance for a bad one.

Cooper catches it, it goes incomplete and stops the clock (they had no TO's left) or he gets a PI call.

He threw it in the only way a bad thing could, and did, happen.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Interesting that Reid tried to trade for Foles in KC. So did Reid consider his upside higher than Smith?
              "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Another strike against Foles
                "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                  Another strike against Foles
                  hahahaha
                  “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

And you should hit every drive down the middle of the fairway. He didn't get enough on the ball. That shit happens.

On the other hand, Cooper has no excuse for not coming back and trying to make a play.
                    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                      Interesting that Reid tried to trade for Foles in KC. So did Reid consider his upside higher than Smith?

Actually, I would also look at the other side of that equation, Kelly must have seen enough of Foles to NOT want to trade him, or, knew Vick could/would not make it through a complete season and decided to hold onto Foles for that reason?

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men,,,,
                      Last edited by Eagle Road; 10-17-2013, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
                        What Chip didn't see in the preseson was Nick going deep. He saw that last week.
                        Blooper ball. Foles career long pass is still under fifty yards.
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

well, blooper ball that traveled over 50 in the air to cooper.

Comment

The leagues coach of the year in 2013 drafted Foles and traded for Smith...the undefeated QB FOR KC. The eagles current coach drafted Barkley instead of trying to improve one of the leagues worst defenses and though Vick was the QB to lead them to victory.

No question that it was time for Reid to leave the Eagles but lets get serious people.

Comment

Wrong.

If theres trouble on the left side of a fairway, I line up to hit my shot to the right ... you don't fuck with the left side.

He's a fucking pro ... you throw to miss high there.
                              Last edited by slag; 10-17-2013, 01:58 PM.
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

saw that vick and nick did their press conference at the same time today...standing next to each other.

that seems a little weird.

Comment

Working...
                                X