Foles named NFC OPOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by da guy in france View Post
    First order of biz. Akers missed 41 and 34 yard FG's and they went for a 2 (failed ) because of Akers 2 botches. There is 7 points against the SB Champions. Again we lost by 5. Any response ?

OK here is a replay I found on YOUTUBE ( it's not so great) of the pick. I see contact made by the defender at around the 5 yard line. To me it's obvious and should have been called and without the contact I doubt there is a pick. On the push off he was obviously playing the man not the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIBoqgJKdLw

So no pick it's incomplete and we get another shot (2nd and 10 :35 left) from the Green Bay 27. Better yet zebra should have tossed a flag and it would have been 1st down at the 5. That being the case I say we win Vick advances and Rogers goes home. I'm reading between the lines I know.
    Sorry I see Cooper having to wait for that ball, I see Shields watching Coopers eyes get big then he turns to the ball and they both make incidental contact the ball was under thrown it should have gone deeper to the corner allowing Cooper use his height advantage. That was just very very poorly thrown pass. No way should it have been that short he didnt give Cooper a chance to make a play.

I seriously dont understand people trying to defend that poorly thrown pass. It was a pure out and out CHOKE JOB BY VICK.

Comment

The point is, you don't risk that fucking pass when you've got more downs and more time to work with. If you're hoping for a PI call, throw that shit high.
      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

The point is ...

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
        The point is, you don't risk that fucking pass when you've got more downs and more time to work with. If you're hoping for a PI call, throw that shit high.
        This discussion is whether Vick could win a championship if he had better personel around him, such as a kicker for instance. That is how this discussion started with Slizz. I am making a case that maybe if we had a better kicker WE/Vick might have won a championship. I am also pointing out that besides overcoming a poor performance from Akers that that was technically PI by the book because he runs into Cooper with his hands out so as to OBSTRUCT Cooper and then turns around and the ball is right there. I say that he is playing the man and not the ball. I saw Cooper grabbing him after the fact but the damage was done. So nobody sees what I am seeing at the :36 mark of the vid ? Either it is self hate or Vick hate and if you want to go into that I will reiterate what has been pointed out before. 36 second area just askin'
        Last edited by da guy in france; 10-19-2013, 12:08 AM. Reason: add

Comment

This discussion is whether Vick could win a championship if he had better personel around him, such as a kicker for instance. That is how this discussion started with Slizz. I am making a case that maybe if we had a better kicker WE/Vick might have won a championship. I am also pointing out that besides overcoming a poor performance from Akers that that was technically PI by the book because he runs into Cooper with his hands out so as to OBSTRUCT Cooper and then turns around and the ball is right there. I say that he is playing the man and not the ball. I saw Cooper grabbing him after the fact but the damage was done. So nobody sees what I am seeing at the :36 mark of the vid ? Either it is self hate or Vick hate and if you want to go into that I will reiterate what has been pointed out before. 36 second area just askin'
          The ball should have been thrown 5-8 yds deeper and its a TD - Cooper does not have to stop and turn to the ball and the defender has no play. Vick fucked up get over it it = it is not his first fuck up will not be his last.

Comment

Perhaps you missed my point

in the 2010 Wild Card game that we ultimately lost by 5 points to the Pack. Yeah, I know Vick got picked at the end of the game but the defender should have been called for PI if you remember correctly (blatantly pushing off Cooper 15 yards down field). GB won the whole thing that year and Vick way outplayed Rogers that game. So say Akers makes the 2 ROUTINE FG's and/or the refs call the push off... Just sayin'. What if we JUST had an average defense and special teams this year ?

Vick's abundance of turnovers and blocked passes, there is definitely a direct correlation with how bad the O Line plays. I think the guy has 3 good years left unless he suffers serious injury. I base this on his athleticism and current production.
            When I said I was grateful for Vick making an NFC title game, I was referring to 2004... with the Falcons... the only time in five shots FF's Eagles were able to advance. I wasn't looking for a laundry list of excuses why he was one and done in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
              I never said any such thing.

But to stay with your golf motif, par for the course for The Strawman.
              The strawman argument that you always bring out and you don't even fkking comprehend.

Vick made a bad throw not a mental error. Five more yards and it's a touchdown. End of discussion.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Duck, not familiar with you

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                When I said I was grateful for Vick making an NFC title game, I was referring to 2004... with the Falcons... the only time in five shots FF's Eagles were able to advance. I wasn't looking for a laundry list of excuses why he was one and done in 2010.
                but you are fitting the mold of many others on this board. KNOW WHAT I MEAN MAN ?
                Last edited by da guy in france; 10-19-2013, 08:27 PM. Reason: delete

Comment

I don't huh?

Right.

It's not a strawman to characterize what I said as:

"but I'm pretty sure he wasn't trying to throw it to the defender like Slag says"

Now show me where I stated Vick was trying to throw it to a defender?

What you did is the same as saying that someone who says children shouldn't play in the street is saying that children shouldn't get fresh air (the classic example used when describing a fucking strawman).

BTW - don't bothering explaining anything ... you can't ... and I'm done with you.

PS - Vick didn't make a bad throw ... he made a bad decision. He may be inaccurate, but if he INTENDED to throw that ball over the top in the back of the endzone where he should have, he wouldn't have missed it to where that ball was.
                  Last edited by slag; 10-20-2013, 12:20 AM.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    PS - Vick didn't make a bad throw ... he made a bad decision. He may be inaccurate, but if he INTENDED to throw that ball over the top in the back of the endzone where he should have, he wouldn't have missed it to where that ball was.
                    A bad throw could end up anywhere. Certainly doesn't make sense that he intended to throw it to the corner back which is what you're implying.

I dont get why you don't think he could have underthrown the ball but obviously no point in debating it further.
                    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

• Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                      A bad throw could end up anywhere. Certainly doesn't make sense that he intended to throw it to the corner back which is what you're implying.

I dont get why you don't think he could have underthrown the ball but obviously no point in debating it further.
                      I hate to agree with Maniac but it very well could have just been a bad throw. Vick has some of the worst misses that I have ever seen from a NFL QB. It Very well could have been a horrible decision seeing as Vick Is also a horrible decision maker.

Comment

• Yep... Eagles are drafting a QB. Barkley may get a mulligan because he's a rookie, but he looked Brandon Weeden bad with Tebow-ish delivery.

As for Nick Foles... LMAO.

Eagles are drafting a QB next season.

Comment

Working...
                        X