X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly

Originally posted by slag View Post
    This is fucking ridiculous.

Foles never looked like that in any other game he played.

He looks flustered in one and now that's who he is?

This one game conclusion is WIP level bullshit.

Even if it turns out to be right.
    The flipflopping if he has a great game on sunday will be hilarious
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Fringe players like Foles simply don't have the luxury of shitting the bed. If it was a mediocre to slightly bad performance he would have gotten the benefit of the my doubt. I hope he makes me wrong but I've seen enough of him in college and in philly. Make all the excuses you want (it's your m.o.) the guy has had a ton of chances to solidify himself as a starter with the dallas game being his best shot yet.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
        This is fucking ridiculous.

Foles never looked like that in any other game he played.

He looks flustered in one and now that's who he is?

This one game conclusion is WIP level bullshit.

Even if it turns out to be right.
        I think he deserves the chance to play out the season.

Ultimately, I believe he is not the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
          Fringe players like Foles simply don't have the luxury of shitting the bed. If it was a mediocre to slightly bad performance he would have gotten the benefit of the my doubt. I hope he makes me wrong but I've seen enough of him in college and in philly. Make all the excuses you want (it's your m.o.) the guy has had a ton of chances to solidify himself as a starter with the dallas game being his best shot yet.
          Not saying he will turn out this well... but drew brees was a guy with a similar path. Good stats in college.... dropped because of concerns (brees was short.... questionable arm and played in a spread offense)... Sat his first year... okay second year.... Such a putrid third year he got benched for flutie... and then Rivers was drafted. Then kept rivers on the bench till he got hurt. My point is that 11 awful games for bree didn't dictate who he ended up being.

So I don't think two games can dictate foles career.

Is he going to end up like brees? No clue.... is he bobby hoying...no clue. Would I be opposed to drafting a qb next year? Nope...but I don't think the job should be given to a rookie if foles or barkley play that much better than him.... whomever the rookie may be.

I'm just not going to write him of yet... because he has actually had more decent to good performances than bad
          Last edited by nerd; 10-30-2013, 05:04 PM.
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

He's a quarterback who's played enough to show he has some game.

One bad performance didn't equate to shitting anything but one fucking game.

I get the investment angle that makes teams let franchise guys, and even guys like Geno Smith, repeatedly shit the bed to see what they've got.

Well, he may not be a lock franchise guy, but Foles deserves more of a leash than all the couch-GM's here think they know he should.

And this concept is not some whack ass idea that I dreamed up ... it's a proven phenomenon.
            Last edited by slag; 10-30-2013, 06:04 PM.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

It's a simple matter of opinion. Nick Foles has done nothing to make me think he can ever sniff a superbowl. That is the goal, right? Or stick with your tried and true method of sitting on less talented players hoping they can be something they ultimately aren't. Why should Foles get to play out the season? What have you seen from him that makes you want to see more? He does nothing well, none of his attributes are above average.

Comment

No, it's not a matter of opinion.

You develop young quarterbacks by playing them and not acting like one game defines them ... period.

Now, the only quarterbacks on the roster with a chance to be the starter going forward are Foles and Barkley.

They probably aren't but there it is.

And, even if you don't think Foles plays the kind of game Kelly wants, if he plays like he did in Tampa enough, he's more tradable.
                Last edited by slag; 10-30-2013, 06:26 PM.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

It's a simple matter of opinion. Nick Foles has done nothing to make me think he can ever sniff a superbowl. That is the goal, right? Or stick with your tried and true method of sitting on less talented players hoping they can be something they ultimately aren't. Why should Foles get to play out the season? What have you seen from him that makes you want to see more? He does nothing well, none of his attributes are above average.
                  The Dallas game he was very inaccurate but before that he had shown himself to be fairly accurate... probably more accurate than most qbs with that much limited time...and that is for a third round rookie. Now I guess it's difference of opinion on arm strength but he has an arm to make all the throws. Its not mcbabb or vick... but not many are that strong. He's probably middle of the pack with arm strength.

I guess it comes down to what people see and what they want to see.

I'm not going to get to up or down on him right now... the Dallas game made me calm down a bit. His accuracy was ass but for the most part he recognized the open receiver but he was just off.. he didn't turn the ball over which is also something...in limited time. That's not to say he's isn't going to have a game where he has multiple turnovers... but it's limiting them... learning and coming back from it.

Like if his next three games are solid and then he bones his fourth game... you just hope he learns and comes back the next game and does well.

But it does come down to opinion...
                  “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

All snarky comments aside, did you watch foles in college or went back and watched? Simple yes or no.

Comment

They way I see it (my opinion) is this. Foles in my eyes is a waste of time. It's the next kevin kolb phenomenon. Let him play so maybe you can cultivate a better draft pick for him when you trade him? Fuck that, throw Barkley to the wolves, maybe he surprises, probably not and he ends up playing you in to a situation better suited to draft a more talented quarterback that fits the offense better. Of course drafting a quarterback high guarantees nothing (barkley would have been a high pick lol) but at least they would be trying and acknowledging the need. I can already read the headline "Vick signs one year deal". No mas. Enough is enough with these shit heads
                      Last edited by Greenstealth; 10-30-2013, 07:03 PM.

Comment

They way I see it (my opinion) is this. Foles in my eyes is a waste of time. It's the next kevin kolb phenomenon. Let him play so maybe you can cultivate a better draft pick for him when you trade him? Fuck that, throw Barkley to the wolves, maybe he surprises, probably not and he ends up playing you in to a situation better suited to draft a more talented quarterback that fits the offense better. Of course drafting a quarterback high guarantees nothing (barkley would have been a high pick lol) but at least they would be trying and acknowledging the need. I can already read the headline "Vick signs one year deal". No mas. Enough is enough with these shit heads
                        I did watch foles in college though... didn't go back but watched him. His senior year he had a shit oline that didn't return one starter... his #1 wideout was hurt I think and one of the worst d's in college football... and he was one of the only if not the only reason they were in games. I thought barkley was overrated because one he went to usc and should have been better with that offensive talent.... even though he also had a bad oline the skill talent was pretty solid.

I was actually pretty pumped when they drafted foles because I thought... if given good talent around him he could be a pretty good qb in the league. I could be wrong...but that's what I see. If he plays reasonably well I still think they should draft a qb next year. I mean... San diego did it after brees shit the need his entire third season. I thought he was a joke.... apparently he wasn't

Comment

Ok, Im not condemning any ideas. I personally think foles has no future here. Why play him?

Comment

Ok, Im not condemning any ideas. I personally think foles has no future here. Why play him?
                            Because while we may or may not think he does....chip is going with what he thinks and who he thinks can play. If he didn't...barkley is probably playing this week and not foles.

I mean... we were all certain that nate allen was trash....now...I'm not so sure

Comment

Outside of size, there isn't a single aspect of Foles' game that you would grade as a +

He's a serviceable QB in a pinch, but how many franchise guys do nothing great, some things mediocre and some things poorly?

I'll wait.
                              Last edited by Sect 236; 10-30-2013, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Chip kelly is playing the hand he was dealt, nothing more nothing less.

Comment

Working...
                                X