No announcement yet.

Simmons or Ingram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he has a higher ceiling than Griffin, but that's just me. If you think it's just Griffin then I can see why you feel the way you do.

What do you see as Ingram's ceiling?
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Ceiling: Durant

Floor: Connie Hawkins

Hope hope!

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
        their highlight reels aren't really even that close IMO.

Ingram is a stone cold assassin on O and you saw him become greater in March/April when his team needed him most. He grew a lot from early in the season to ACC tourney/March Madness.

Simmons has to get close to rim or he's a non factor scoring wise. Dont' see the God given shooter's touch required to remedy his lack of outside scoring at next level. LeBron wasn't exactly Mr. Outside coming out of HS....but LeBron has a will to win that I don't think Simmons will ever display. he's also a freak athlete for his size. nobody has that combination, Simmons included.

Ingram just has the 'it' factor. want me to kill you from downtown or embarrass you off the dribble and dunk on your ass?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXGf2eF3fZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf6EKfsVg9Y
        You gotta love the fact that Ingram can score in multiple ways.

The thing I noticed and really like about Simmons is his ability to finish with either hand...very smooth.

I don't think the Sixers can lose here.

Comment

their highlight reels aren't really even that close IMO.

Ingram is a stone cold assassin on O and you saw him become greater in March/April when his team needed him most. He grew a lot from early in the season to ACC tourney/March Madness.

Simmons has to get close to rim or he's a non factor scoring wise. Dont' see the God given shooter's touch required to remedy his lack of outside scoring at next level. LeBron wasn't exactly Mr. Outside coming out of HS....but LeBron has a will to win that I don't think Simmons will ever display. he's also a freak athlete for his size. nobody has that combination, Simmons included.

Ingram just has the 'it' factor. want me to kill you from downtown or embarrass you off the dribble and dunk on your ass?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXGf2eF3fZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf6EKfsVg9Y
          Simmons is the better and smoother athlete. Quicker first step, finishes more efficiently than Ingram and wasn't surrounded by a bunch of shooters like Ingram was. Teams really sagged and packed the defense when Simmons had the ball and he still has the amazing ability to finish with both hands exceptionally well. Simmons played for a shit coach with shitty players. Put him in an NBA setting with NBA spacing and hes a rare, transcendent talent.
          Last edited by phillyeagles36; 05-20-2016, 09:54 PM.

Comment

You already have Okafor who cannot hit outside of 10 feet. Simmons O game is currently low post & off a fast break heavy too. He cannot (or will not) take 20 footers at this point.

That's a dangerous addition to a team that is already packed in tight and has no ability to stretch a defense.

If Embiid is indeed healhy and Saric is legit (and coming here next year) you already have a dominant front court on paper. Saric supposedly can hit some bombs and is a very good shooter.

Imagine a SF like Ingram who can stoke 3's and take his man 1:1 off the dribble with that front court?

I'm a Ingram man with 76ers current makeup and youth. Need 2 guards so bad though.
            Some of this just isn't true. You clearly did not watch Jah improve his jumper substantially just this one season.

Okafor's FT shooting was a big weakness of his coming into the NBA. He shot just 51% from the line at Duke. After just 1 summer with the Sixers as a rookie, he managed to improve his FT% to 68.6%. Almost 70%. That's a massive improvement in a short time, and before he went out with an injury was showing improved range out to like 18 feet...something he clearly didn't have in college.

I have always been a fan of using a players FT% as a measuring stick to a players possibility to improve their shots.

In Simmons' freshman year at LSU, he shot 67% from the FT line on 9 attempts a game. That's not good, but it's not awful like DeAndre Jordan .As a freshman he's also much further along than a certain player I'll touch on next, leaving me with some hope.

Blake Griffin, who Simmons gets some levels of comparisons to has added a much improved mid range jumper to his game. He shot worse in college at 58 and 59% in his 2 years at Oklahoma. After a few years, his jumper in games has come a long way and his FT shooting is up to a solid 72-73%.

Simmons has a very good touch around the basket and is really skilled. Mechanically he isn't shooting the ball awkwardly like Evan Turner or MKG.

I think Simmons can absolutely improve his shot. If he could add 10-17% to his 67% FT shooting in the NBA (likewise to what Okafor did) your looking at a player with his ability to get to the basket and size, getting to the line and shooting 75+%. I see no reason why he can't develop a more consistent jumper and make it a respectable threat.
            Last edited by phillyeagles36; 05-20-2016, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X